Solvent Free Epoxy Floor Coatings and Primer Coats
Elgood Industrial Flooring now have an easy to use Industrial Epoxy Floor Coating designed for clients who wish to improve the appearance of their factory floors, but cannot predict when improvements could be carried out by an outside contractor.
We provide on site tuition through one of our experienced floor layers should you feel it necessary. Needless to say, all the Epoxy coatings are equipped with clear instructions and technical assistance is only a telephone call away.The DIY Epoxy coatings are available in a range of colours so you can be as elaborate with your floor layout as you wish.
The Epoxy coatings are normally delivered within 48 hours of your order being placed.
You have the assurance of dealing direct with the manufacturer.
Industrial Epoxy Floor Coatings
- 4.5kg £49.50 excluding vat and carriage
- Smaller sizes available on request
- 48 hour delivery
Epoxy Floor Cleaner
An alkaline detergent for the removal of tyre marks and general soiling.
The detergent can be used for general washing and for heavy duty scrubbing.
The detergent is designed for use with scrubber dryer machines fitted with pads or brushes. Always consult the scrubber dryer’s manufacturer’s guide for suitable pads and brushes to meet your particular requirements.
This product is Nonylphenol free.
20 ltrs £60 excluding vat and carriage
Industrial Floor Coating Slip Resistant Additive
|Fine/Medium Grade 70||Industrial Epoxy Floor Coating *|
|Medium Grade 36||Industrial Epoxy Floor Coating|
|Coarse Grade 20||Industrial Floor Coating|
* Industry Standard Finish
Industrial Floor Coating Tools
The following accessories are available:
|Unit Size||Application Tools||Price|
|12 inch||Frame and roller||£15.00|
|12 inch||Replacement roller||£6.00|
|12 inch||Paint tray||£10.00|
|Small mixing paddle (for epoxy line marking)||£10.00|
Epoxy Floor Coating – Instructions
- The floor should be clean and sound. Contamination such as dirt, dust, oil etc must be removed before coating the floor.
- Epoxy floor coatings adhere best to a lightly textured surface, this is best achieved by shotblasting the floor. Shotblasting need not create dust and is a cost effective method of preparation. We can arrange this service for you. The heavier the traffic, the more important it is to shotblast the floor.
- If you do not shotblast the floor always paint a trial area to prove your preparation is adequate and that the epoxy coating is well adhered to the concrete.
- Always mix complete units. The ratio of resin to hardener is critical. Mix with an electric drill fitted with a mixing paddle.
- Mix one unit at a time as the ‘pot life’ of the mixture is only 15 minutes. Mix thoroughly, use immediately.
- Whilst drill mixing add one to two cups of Elgood Grit 70 to produce a lightly textured surface.
- Pour the mix into a paint tray and apply using a long-handled roller.
- Two coat applications are best. The second coat should be applied 12 to 24 hours after the first coat.
- The floor should be ready for light traffic in 12 to 24 hours and normal traffic in 24 to 36 hours.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Overalls, cotton and / or PVC gloves should be worn.
- Breathing masks can be worn when using the paint.